‘I Couldn’t Remember My Own Name.’ Pregnant Women Share Their Most Hilariously Dumb Pregnancy Brain Moments
couldn’t find him. I broke down crying at having lost my son until my friend went upstairs and found him asleep in the cot. Apparently I’d put him down for a nap, but didn’t remember.”
—Shama-Jade Balcarres, Facebook
20. I put my jeans on this morning and they just felt weird. They weren’t covering my butt right or staying up. I couldn’t figure out why. After about 45 minutes I looked down and realized I had been wearing my jeans backwards all morning.
21. I don’t think my husband really understood until last night just how scatterbrained it can make a woman. Exhibit A:
I was in the kitchen and meant to bring him a soda when I went back into the living room.
A few minutes later, he gets up to get a soda, so I remind him I just brought him one.
Turns out I actually brought him a pack of ramen noodle seasoning…
22. We were in England for a baby moon trip around thanksgiving and being from Florida we were quite bundled up for our journey. We had walked into a pub for some dinner and this place was PACKED! I had taken off my gloves, hat and scarf and had unzipped my jacket but was still wearing it since we didn’t have a table yet. When we finally got to a table and I took my jacket off I didn’t notice that my sweater and shirt had balled up to the top of my belly. I was now standing in the middle of a super crowded restaurant with my entire belly hanging out and only barely covered by the stretchy top of my maternity pants. I didn’t realize until two women had given me a look of pity and I was so embarrassed. If I wasn’t so hungry I probably would have made DH take me somewhere else to eat.
23. I forgot my Uncle’s name as well as my aunts and cousin. That whole off shoot, I just could not for the life of me remember any of their names. I mean, they had been a part of my family for my whole life, I was super embarrassed. This happened with my first pregnancy.
24. I buttered a teabag. Yep.
25. On several occasions I forgot to put my boob away after breastfeeding. One time was in church.
26. Today I went to Wally World for a few baby related things I’ve been wanting for weeks (mostly craft related things, but other odds and ends too). When I got there I couldn’t remember what I was there for! I waddled up and down nearly every aisle trying to remember, but I could not. I came home empty handed and remembered everything shortly after. I’m going to have to write a very detailed list before going again.
27. I poured Orange Juice into my cereal and poured milk into my cup.
I think the worst incident was arriving at the supermarket to buy a few things. After I got home, I realized that (Continued)